Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ahem...

I've been readin'
cuz we've been needin'
to know if it's possible
or maybe even probable
to liberate, eradicate, incapacitate,
not collaborate
these wayward cells.
No death knell
to Michael's health.

In addition to studies,
done by their buddies
and paid for by the profiteers,
we're lookin'  past marketeers
to find pioneers
who don't destroy for dough
but instead will sow
good health now and tomorrow.

Studies show
that pot can throw
MCL through the window.
We've just got to know
the way to go
to inject some cannabis -
this is not beyond us.
God's perfect plant
is holier than man's.
And the payment
makes more sense.

I just wanna see
the day when universities
change their pedagogy
to lookin' at our ecology
to fix the source,
not nail the force
of life within us
in order to find "health".



5 comments:

LisaS said...

All I can say is ...

AWESOME!!!

darkfoam said...

Great poem!
The rhythm of the poem reminds me of a song that's out there.
Can't put my finger on the title now.

I've read that cannabis has the ability to cure cancer a few months ago. Where does one go though to possibly receive treatments like this?

Carol said...

Lisa,

:-)



Foam,

Thanks! I have no idea what song you are talking about, but it must be really good. ;-)

You stated my question. I have no idea where one can get these kinds of treatments - or if a place even exists. I'm trying not to get too sad about the state of our medical culture...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... What's growing in your garden this year? :D

Carol said...

Thomas,

No funny looking green plants. :-(

If I knew how to give Michael an I.V. of the stuff (and if he could tolerate being high all the time), my paranoia would definitely still stop me from trying to grow that particular plant.