Michael is amazingly healthy for someone who is supposed to have this diagnosis he was offered. An hour and a half of qigong so far today, then physical work in the garden. He's a beast, I tell ya!
Me... not so much. The pain from the scoliosis in my back is still gone. BUT in it's place, I have been feeling like my lower vertebrae got fused. Like I'm walking with a stick up my ... It seems to be letting up some today, though. It makes sense to expect that once you mess with one part of the body, all attached parts are going to say, "What the heck? What happened to the status quo?" And in qigong, it would be said that this is just another area of blocked energy which will be freed up as I continue to open it up. I am honestly excited to see how this all moves out.
Today is not only Easter, but it's the two month anniversary of Michael's diagnosis and the one month anniversary of my dad's death. Had a good cry over all of that last night. So healing to put my hands in dirt today while planting seeds that will bring new life.
Some chives and a lot of potential
I have three books on my desk that Michael has asked me to read so that I can submit a book report on them. They are all books on cancer. If I find good stuff, maybe I'll share some of it here. At some point, I also plan to write about the standard chemo treatment for this kind of cancer.
I don't know how I want to end this post. Michael says, "Let's eat dinner and you'll figure it out." I know better. After dinner, we have another hour and a half of qigong to do in order to get our three hours in for the day. It's now or never.
I'll end with a beautiful Rumi quote:
Everyone sees the unseen in
proportion to the clarity of his heart.
proportion to the clarity of his heart.
Big Love to YOU!

2 comments:
What beautiful quote! Good to keep that one in mind. Your photo reminds me that I need to check on my chives. I'll bet they are up too. I just haven't peeked over the patio fence yet. Glad to hear that Michael has so much energy. I didn't know you have scoliosis. That doesn't help alignment at all, does it?
G.G., I love the quote because it gives me lots of wonder as to the possibilities of the unseen.
Yeah, scoliosis doesn't help with alignment, but the hardest part is the pain. Things are movin', though!
What all do you do with your chives? We mostly look at them - they're so pretty when they flower. Even though it's nice to see their beauty, I'm probably not utilizing my chives' full potential. Maybe I'll throw some into tonight's dinner.
Post a Comment