Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Life Wants To Be

Despite the fact that we did all we could do (without using chemicals) in order to kill everything growing (due to a big weed problem) in one of our flower gardens, we have lots of tulips that show their brilliant reds and yellows every spring.  A peony plant, though much smaller than it was before the massacre, still pops up and gives us one or two fluffy pink petal balls.  And then there are the weeds...

Sometimes, we can't have life grow the way we want it to, but life wants to "be", and it does a very good job of doing that. I am always in awe of its tenacity.

Right now, we have a finch nest under one of our eaves on the wall of our screened-in porch.  The finches nest there most years.  And last weekend, we went to visit the Owl Family and, after waiting for a while, we finally saw a little, white puffball with a big eye peaking out from behind mama.  I didn't think that my camera was able to capture it, but upon closer inspection, I saw the little guy, eye and all.  It's circled below.  You can click on the photo to make it bigger.  This is posted especially for D (you know who you are).  Whoohoooo!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mama blended in so well with the tree that I didn't see her at first, either!

Carol said...

Isn't nature wise? :-)