I recently re-read everything I've written here. I don't know how obvious it was to others at the time, but as I look back over the last almost 7 months, I can recognize the state of shock that Michael and I were initially experiencing after his diagnosis.
Today I no longer feel like The Woman Whose Husband Has Mantle Cell Lymphoma. For now, MCL doesn't sneak in between my eyelids at night, and it's not hanging around me like the dirt cloud of Charlie Brown's friend, Pig-Pen. Yes, it continues to scream for more mind time and emotional space than I think it really needs, but who am I to know how much attention something like this requires? I'm new at this.
Michael is still feeling well. Every day he puts many varied things into his body. It's more than I can keep up with, and I've let go of the need to know a lot of the details, instead choosing to trust Michael and his healthcare practitioners. That's HUGE for someone who has historically thought she was responsible for the well-being of all of her loved ones (and sometimes, the rest of the world)!!! (The knots in my shoulders and everyone around me appreciate it, I'm sure.)
And the extra good news is that Michael has gained back more than half of the weight he lost about two months ago when things went wacky around here. I barely mentioned the
Yeah, that.
Rejoice, rejoice, we have no choice but to carry on...
14 comments:
Check out the new version of Carry On. I just gave Michael the CD yesterday.
Dan
I'm glad things are looking up right now!
It was clear that you both were in tremendous shock. I'm so glad things have normalized a bit and that Michael's energy is good.
Dan, I heard it! I love that song. I'm feeling a little jealous that you got to see them recently. I'm looking forward to hearing more of the CD and checking out the DVD. Thanks for lending it!
Thank you, Diana.
Foam,
Really? I didn't hide it well at all? ;-)
Good to hear! I caught the 'physaical and spiritual butt' thing in the post you referenced, so have been hoping to hear better news. All the best to both of you.
Thanks, G.G.
Happy Thursday Day! :-)
Well, Happy Thursday Day to you, dear Foam!
Blessings, my friends. I have missed you.
Blessings to you, Nick. How are you?
I'm better at change than I used to be, but it still throws me when the unexpected happens. As I've gotten older, though, I am getting better at going with the flow.
I'm glad things have stabilized and improved!
Thanks, Thomas.
Yeah, I would think that after a few decades of life, we would get used to the unexpected, but it doesn't always (or usually) work that way. Fortunately(?), if we forget to let go and just go with things, we are always give more opportunities to remember.
Post a Comment