Tuesday, July 24, 2012
The Further Adventures Of...
... some of the luckiest people on the planet.
We weren't in the theater in Aurora when violence and its carnage hit. We didn't have a loved one there, but we still feel so much compassion for the wounded, the friends and families of those killed and injured, and the shooter and his family. Lots of pain and confusion behind that act.
We have been through other challenging times during the past few weeks. Michael had a strong reaction to one of the regimens that he was undergoing. It wasn't pretty. And it forced us to grow in ways we didn't know were waiting for us. In the end it was a net plus, but boy was it a challenge for a while.
This morning we got the results of Michael's recent blood work and CT scan.
Drum roll please.
Blood results: Normal
CT scan: Lymph nodes that were previously reviewed are now slightly smaller in size. No areas of swelling or enlargement seen.
We could draw the conclusion that the things Michael has been doing* have not only kept the MCL from growing and spreading, but they have also been effective in slightly reducing the MCL. I like that idea, and it may be 100% true, but we can't completely know what the cancer cells are up to.
Because Michael has stopped the regimen that knocked him on his physical and spiritual butt, he has possibly lost the "alternative" treatment that affected the MCL the most.
I don't know what comes next. I am not in charge here. Sometimes I'm even okay with that.
*If you or a friend of yours has cancer and you want information about the various protocols Michael has been following, you can contact me at http://www.carolforpeace.com/contact.html
Labels:
Test results
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well that sounds positive overall - I hope that's all you continue to get, is positive news.
You have a drum roll!
Positive indeed.
Short comment as I've just sent a message to you (before checking your blog!)
Thanks, Diana. Yeah, I'm up for continuing with the positive news!
Dancing,
You are one excellent drummer!
Thanks for the lovely email. I will get back with you after my in-laws (whose plane is probably preparing to land here about now) leave from their visit with us.
So glad to read the results you shared. Continued good wishes to both of you.
Thank you, G.G.
Post a Comment