Monday, August 13, 2012

Just Ducky

I could have also named this post "Pure Joy".  Recently, when I was feeling grinchy - perfect adjective, stolen from a good friend - another good friend asked me what I do for the pure joy of it.  Well, good friends, for the pure joy of it, I PLAYED all weekend in Snowmass with my beloved Mikey and some other good friends.




We hiked a little.



And we walked a lot - because we had to get to the Ducky Derby in Aspen!
(Don't those big lips just say, "Kiss me, you fool"?)



Happy yellow ducks in sunglasses heading for the finish line - some racing, many enjoying the sights, quite a few socializing, and some unlucky ones getting picked up and thrown up or down the river by giant two-leggeds.  


Pure Joy = Feeling my heart smiling hugely while:  watching thirty thousand yellow duckies floating down a river, AND/OR watching people enjoying thirty thousand yellow duckies floating down a river, AND/OR being in the tremendous beauty of the Colorado mountains AND/OR being with my sweet Michael, AND/OR being with good friends, AND/OR many other things too numerous to mention, AND especially while just being HERE right now.


(Photos courtesy of Mr. Mikey.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo! I think my cheeks woulkd hurt from smiling as I watched that many ducks. Glad to hear you had some fun.

Carol said...

G.G., I think you would have loved it.

Anonymous said...

I missed this post for some reason!

We have a duck race here every year too

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/9645467.Dashing_ducks_race_on/

Carol said...

Dancing, I'm glad that you have a ducky race to bring you joy, too! Has LMD been there to see it?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that LMD has seen it ... will have to check. I think that he will appreciate it more next year when he is almost 3!!!