We visited with Jeff (oncologist) again yesterday. Doing Watching and Waiting or Watchful Waiting or Watch, Wait, and Worry (however one wants to call it), means visiting Jeff every two months.
Jeff checks the already enlarged nodes down there and checks to see if any neck nodes are suspicious. He also checks for an enlarged spleen. Michael passed the palpation tests, and he's feeling fine - no symptoms of tiredness, weight loss, night sweats, etc.
So.... we continue to watch and wait.
I've decided that I'd prefer to just call it "Watching". Being here now. Those fears I wrote about in my last post... they, like Waiting, are about a future that I don't know. I don't find peace there. But it's really nice here in this moment as I look out at the gray skies and the trees with yellowing leaves outside my window and as I listen to Michael running water in the kitchen.
I love "Watching" Michael feeling well. This is very good right now.
2 comments:
That sounds like a very healthy, nerve calming thing to do.
x x x
Carol: This one I can comment on. Yippeeeeee! Watching is good. GG
Post a Comment