Friday, June 15, 2012

We're Havin' a Party!


We're having a party
dancing to the music...

 - Sam Cooke





And you're all invited!!!

Let it be known that 1) back in February, Michael Barrow's 50th birthday was spent in a hospital where he was sliced, diced, and biopsied, and 2) coming soon, Carol Barrow is having a birthday (not her 50th - been there, done that). 

Due to the aforementioned circumstances which were/are beyond our control, a Celebration of Life party will be held next weekend.

If you happen to be in the Denver area next weekend and you would like to participate in the fun and frivolity - if you want to celebrate the fact that WE'RE ALIVE! - contact me for further details at my email address (if you have it) or here (if you don't).


All attending - and anyone else who is so moved - is asked to send me (at the aforementioned email address or link) a song that inspires happiness and/or big smiles.  All songs contributed will be thrown into a playlist and blasted through our iPod boombox the night of the party for our neighbors' listening pleasure (and just maybe a little "dancing to the music").

Haola!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I wish we could be there ... and that you could have been at Miss D's wedding but as that didn't happen, I'm sending this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nZGv8VTBVE

Anonymous said...

And another

In my Life - by The Beatles

There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/beatles/in+my+life_10026479.html ]
But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
In my life I love you more

Carol said...

Dancing,

It's a good thing we have blogs and such so that, even though we can't be at each other's special occasions, we can at least know what we're missing! ;-) I'll post photos after our party. They won't be as colorful and beautiful as the photos of Miss Dancing's wedding, but they will do.

Thank you for the songs! They got me all teary. I think I'm turning into a non-stop waterfall lately...

Anonymous said...

Oh dear ... the wrong songs perhaps ... you wanted ones to make you SMILE!

Here comes the Sun George Harrison

Summer Breeze The Isley Brothers

Carol said...

Awww... Dancing. My teariness was a good teariness. Now I have FOUR songs from you! Great! I have never heard the Isley Brothers' cover of Summer Breeze before. Listening to it now.

(A certain GN also came up with Here Comes the Sun. Great minds... Definitely one of the Happiest Songs of all time!)

Thank you!

darkfoam said...

For some reason I can't paste a link to a song here, so I left it at the link you provided above. The song is Carol by Chuck Berry!
:)

darkfoam said...

And I sent another song to your link. This one is
Michael roll your boat ashore
Sung by Pete Seeger in 1967, Australia.

Carol said...

Well, THAT was creative, Foam! Gave me a big, ol' smile. Thank you!

This one's for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlVuisDCb_8

darkfoam said...

Ahha hahahaha hehe. :)
I just watched it.

Anonymous said...

This one always makes me smile- such joyful nonsense! http://youtu.be/fp_HIHxca5I

Carol said...

I would worry about anyone who could sit still through this song, Thomas. Thanks for the song and the smile!