Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thoughts on Another Year

According to the calendar that someone made up long, long ago, today I turn another year older.  One more revolution around the sun.  Another number to remind me that I've lasted on this earth a fairly long time.

The number of years I hang out here is not nearly as important to me as living this moment fully.  Yet, it took me most of these years to realize that this moment is IT and to see just how full life is.  My wonder and gratitude cells slept for a very long time, and I'm so relieved that they finally woke up!

The early morning sun is shining in my window, birds are singing out in the backyard trees, the sound of fans drawing in cool air fills our house, and Michael just cleared his throat.  I love life.

In my celebration of this life, I especially want to acknowledge my sweetie.  I am in deep love and respect for Michael.  Because of his love, I have realized that I'm loveable.  (That's huge!)  Because of his dedication to qigong, I do my qigong every morning.  (When Michael asks if I'm ready to do qigong, I usually moan.  I don't want to do it.  And then, while I am qigonging - and always afterwards - I feel nurtured and peaceful and big and open and.... lovely.)  I admire Michael for all that he is doing to heal.  He never misses a pill, he doesn't eat the things that are not helpful, and he does eat things that make his face bunch up and his body shiver with disgust.  He is a disciplined and strong man.  He is kind and he is generous.  I admire and love the heck out of him.

I could go on and on about the qualities in Michael that I admire and love.  But, as my daughter would say, the "cheese factor" would be over the top.  Too much Velveeta.  So I'll save that all for Michael.  (Ooops, he's not eating dairy.)




(Hmmmm... I forgot to add that song to our Happy Song playlist.)

6 comments:

Lynda & crew said...

Happy Birthday! Keep celebrating!!

Carol said...

Thank you, Lynda & Crew!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. Keep on keeping on. Hope the party is a blast!

Carol said...

Hey G.G.,

I'm slow in thanking you for your comment. The party really was a blast. It's actually hard to believe how perfect it was. We are very blessed!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Hope your party was wonderful.

Carol said...

Thank you! And it was! The best people (except you and Laurie were missing) and the best food were there. No cheese, though... :-( See, you should have been there and wow'd everyone with some of your best cheeses!