Saturday, June 30, 2012

Post-Party

We didn't dance.  And because of all of the talking going on, we heard very few of the songs we collected from people around the world (thank you for your offerings, though - we're sill listening to the colorful, varied, and heartfelt songs you suggested).  But our house was full of people we care about, our rooms and backyard were full of laughter, and we indulged to our heart's content in drool-inducing food from our favorite restaurant (Ali Baba Grill).  It was heavenly.




Michael and I went all out and wore patterns and bright colors!  (Yes, we do sometimes wear more than khaki and blue and black and white.)  



Left:  A good friend who looks twenty years younger than her age.  Right:  Me, looking at least a minute younger than my age.


Sometimes it feels like MCL is chewing us up and spitting us out.  This is not an easy road, but it's made much easier and richer by the love and support we have. Thank you!


Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv the bright colors! So glad to hear your house was filled for your party.

Anonymous said...

I finally had a moment to sneek back here and check out the link to the restaruant that catered your party. Yum!

Carol said...

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, G.G. I'm in CA, visiting my daughter. We just got back from a two-night camping trip. Thinking about this post and your comment, I'm wishing that Ali Baba's would send me some take-out. Not that there isn't a lot of good food here, but I'm going through serious Ali Baba hummus withdrawals!

Anonymous said...

No woprries about replies. I totally get the hummus withdrawal. I haven't tasted it from that restaurant, but I do like hummus. Glad you had a chance to get out of town. Take care.

Anonymous said...

P.S. How would hummus go with popsicles made from the blended rhubarb daiquiri recipe? that's what I'm going to make today - minus the rum so GN can have one when she gets home from her summer program.

Carol said...

Michael says that hummus goes with everything. I'm not sure that I agree. But I WOULD be willing to try it with a rhubarb daiquiri popsicle. :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I didn't comment before?

Anyhow, have I eaten food from the Ali Baba grill, I wonder?

(I love hummus too)

Carol said...

Dancing, I only know that we ate Thai food the night you were here. I think that you need to come back so that we can indulge in all the hummus that we can stomach! :-)

darkfoam said...

As long as you all had a wonderful ime! That's what counts . Love the photos, bts.