Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Things We Like To Hear

The doctor appointment went well yesterday.  Dr. Witta is a great listener.  Michael told him about all of the things he's doing to boost his immune system, and the doctor stayed completely open, never giving a hint of judgment.  He feels that, should Michael decide to do chemo, he is pretty safe to wait another eight weeks to start.  AND... this is the part that sounded especially luscious, if you are a person of the statistic-loving persuasion:  According to the doctor, Michael has an 80% chance of success if he takes the chemo train.  That is way better than we've read anywhere and better than the doctor had originally said.

Truthfully, Dr. Witta acted like this is just not that big of a deal.  Standard stuff, and you go about your life.

I think I'll try on that attitude myself.




Another photo of a huge photo at the doctor's office

8 comments:

Lisa said...

What a lot of great news. I also appreciate the fact that Dr. Witta is presenting such a great "standard stuff, and you about your life" attitude and mentality. You obviously have aligned yourselves with quality health care.

(Cool picture of a picture, too!)

Lynda said...

I like Dr Witta and I like 80%. It all feels good. Michael will know what is best for him. Prayers for discernment.

Carol said...

Lisa, Yeah, we got a good one in Dr. Witta. And he has good taste in bird art! :-)

Carol said...

Lynda,

Thank you for your prayers!

maryjan1@hotmail.com said...

Hi Carol,

I have been thinking of you and Michael every day since the diagnosis. I have prayed for your peace and strength, and will continue to do that.
This latest news seems very good! I also love it that you said you and Michael are more in love than ever. That is so beautiful, Carol.

Thinking of you.
Namaste,
Mary

Carol said...

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts, Mary! I hope we get to see each other sometime soon.

Love

Carol

Anonymous said...

Let's hope that's the bluebird of happiness. G.G.

Carol said...

...and may it fly up our noses! :-)