Monday, February 27, 2012
School Daze
This new course of study, How To Live With MCL, is fascinating and complex. It includes not only the study of the disease and avenues of treatment, but also psychology, spirituality, sociology, and, most likely, a bunch of other "ologies". It is Life.
One of the classes that I'm benefiting from right now is called, "You Are Not The One With MCL (at least, not that you know of)". The syllabus also includes work on realizing that I have different needs and tolerances from my partner.
It's almost embarrassing to admit that this is a class I need to take. It's obvious that I am not the person with MCL, right? I know that. But in last night's class where we hung out with friends, I saw how much I had wanted and needed that time to have been a little vacation from talking about this disease, Michael's course of treatment, etc., etc. Michael said that he would have liked it, too, but he appears to be more easily able to answer questions every time they are asked and to tell the story of what has happened, is happening, and maybe will happen. If I were in his shoes, I might be the same way. But he and I have different shoe sizes and I am walking in these black, girly shoes right now. And this girl needs periodic reprieves.
One assignment I am looking forward to: A solo hike. Medicine of the gods. Hopefully it will happen within the next couple of days.
This afternoon, we will visit the oncologist. This appointment will be about going over the test results in person and talking about a plan of treatment. Unless Michael hears something more compelling than he's heard so far, I don't think he's going to jump into chemo real soon.
People still blow me away with their kindness and generosity. We are truly blessed. Thank you everyone. Thank you, Life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so right to do this. You have to take care of yourself too. Kisses and hugs to you! I hope you managed to get that hike in.
Foam,
I did get in a walk along a creek. Watching ducks, conversing with a southern gentleman, listening to the sounds of flickers, and watching some joyful puppy dogs jogging with their people. It was great.
Kisses and hugs back!
Post a Comment