Monday, November 12, 2012
Inquiring Minds
Me: Hello, Michael. Since this blog is supposed to be (mostly) about you, and since people often inquire about you, I would like to ask you a few questions.
First of all, the question that is most asked: How are you? I know it's kind of a big and open-ended question, but, well, how ARE you?
Michael: Oh, God. (Laughter) I'm doing really well. I feel like I'm living with the best overall health that I've had in my life. By far, I'm in the best place that I have been since my diagnosis, and probably even before that. I'm really enjoying life, and I'm in love with this fantastic blogger who I met years ago [Honest, he said that - I didn't sneak it in!]. And I have a new puppy that loves me. I have family and friends who have been supportive of me through this whole process. What more could I want?
Me: You really seem to be living a life that doesn't include anything to do with cancer. Today, what is the biggest pain about this cancer diagnosis?
Michael: I guess at this point, it still seems somewhat like a weight that is hanging over me - that it's still there, even though it doesn't cause me any symptoms, pain, or fear. I want it to go away, and I'm having to learn to deepen my ability to be patient.
Me: And today, what is the biggest gift you have received along with this cancer diagnosis?
Michael: I've received so many gifts that it's hard to pick one that is the greatest, but I'd have to say, overall, it's a profoundly deepened appreciation for life.
Me: Do you know that when Dharma is in a mellow place (yes, it does happen) and just hanging out on your lap, you two are so dang cute together?
Michael: It's hard to top Dharma for cuteness. I just really enjoy sitting and having her on my lap, feeling the warmth of her body, and just holding her and loving her. She's good therapy. As long as she's asleep.
There ya have it, folks! Straight from the mouth of my sweet hubby!
Any other questions???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
umm, yeah, i have a question!
can i have dharma? ... when she's sleeping?
ps: other then that, i'm glad Michael finds himself in a good place, all things considering.
Me: Sorry, but no. We do have babysitting needs, if you're interested, but it's a package deal - you get awake hours as well as sleeping hours. Oh, and poop pick-up duty, too. When it's 20 degrees and snowing outside. Man, we couldn't sell this whole package if we put a bow on it, could we?
Michael: Not only no, but hell no! (Okay. I'll be honest... That was me - Carol - speaking. But I'm sure that that's what Michael would say.) :-)
Michael: I have to admire you for working on your patience. It's not my strong suit.
Carol: You cracked me up with that fake 'Michael' answer about Foam geting dharma.
Hang in there! GG
G.G., Today, if I thought that Foam was at all serious, I would consider answering for myself and for Michael with, "Sure! Come get her! We'll be sure she's asleep when you get here (and we'll be sure to be out of town by the time she wakes up)!"
Oy. Ms Dharma is a piece of work...
We're all learning (or trying to, anyway) patience around here...
Luckily, I'm safely ensconced on the east coast. :)
Awwwww, Foam. I like you too much to give you this pup!
After (if) she gets out of this rebellious stage, I'm sure that I'll be happy we kept her.
Me: No questions.
Carol: Okay, well it's good to have you post a reply anyway. Miss you! (Okay, that was really me - Lisa - that wrote that,but I know Carol would have said that!) ;)
Hugz to you both! (And Dharma ... when she's sleeping)
Lisa
Me: Lisa, how did you know what I would say? You took the words right out of my mouth! I DO miss you! Michael and I were just near the tea place where you and I would meet, and I told him that was "our" place.
Hugs back!
Post a Comment