It's 12:30 p.m. I still have nine hours to go before I can relax into dreamland where NO ONE demands my attention.
It's 12:30 p.m.. So far today:
I got Dharma out of her crate,
took her outside to poop and pee,
fed her,
took her outside to poop and pee,
put ear medication in her ears,
(great fun was had by all),
cleaned up a pee accident in my office
took her outside to poop and pee,
took a bath to wash away all of the sweat that comes with keeping up with this pup,
(Dharma was enclosed in the bathroom with a peanut butter-filled Kong.),
cleaned up a pee accident in the screened-in porch,
took her outside to poop and pee,
TRIED to socialize Dharma with a friend's dog,
(Oh, lordy...)
got a sweet, but short walk in with a friend,
(Dharma was safely shut in her crate.)
took her outside to poop and pee, (Dharma - not my friend),
fed Dharma lunch,
cleaned up a pee accident in my office,
took her outside to poop and pee,
TRIED to fix my lunch,
cleaned up a pee accident in the hall,
took her outside to poop and pee,
realized the soup was boiling frantically,
put Dharma in my now favorite possession -
the crate -
ate my lunch in peace,
realized that peeing inside the house
is possibly now considered a ticket outside,
realized that she has me trained well,
decided only Dharmas on leashes can now go outside -
briefly,
no chewing, no playing, no fun,
outdoor time is bizness time,
decided I'm really kind of old for this,
decided that I miss you,
and when you get home,
I'm going to pee on the floor,
so that I have to go outside,
alone,
on some trail,
for a long time.
Michael, I hope this account of my lovely day with your adorable pup doesn't make you want to stay in Massachusetts with your family forever.
But I'm not too worried. We know where to find you.
Hee hee.
6 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like you're busy with your toddler! :)
Happy Thanksgiving, Diana! Yesterday was a trying day with the toddler, but today was a piece of cake. Guess she had to get it out of her system...
Since no name was mentioned in the pee accidents in the office, screened-in porch and hall, I'm just going to go ahead and assume those were Dharma, too. Gosh, I hope I'm right! Happy (belated) Thanksgiving. I needed a serious amount of napping before I could catch up on any blogs. Sorry, but anonymous is just quicker. GG
You're funny, G.G.! But if I were the one to have peed in this house, I would have definitely blamed those accidents on Dharma!
A Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! I hope you replenished with a good amount of napping!
While it was trying for you, it was hilarious for me to read! Thank you for sharing (and I hope Michael has taken you outside by now to pee ...)
I'm glad that Ms Dharma is good for some laughs, Lisa! :-) Michael has been Dharma Daddy for the last two days, so that I can have a Dharma pee reprieve. She's had a few accidents since he's been home, but she set records while he was gone. Good thing I'm not taking that personally! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and I hope all is going well in your new location!
Post a Comment