Typical morning ritual:
Michael lets Dharma out EARLY, then does an hour and a half of qigong. For as long as I can stand it, I act like I'm sleeping, then give up on that, and get up to feed Dharma. While the pup is eating, I run carrots, a beet and its greens, kale, celery, and an apple or two through the juicer. I pour two big glasses of beet-dyed liquid. Before I drink my juice, I gulp down a big, delicious spoonful of lemon-flavored fish oil. Really, it's not bad at all.
Michael started drinking the vegetable juice and taking fish oil after being diagnosed, and those are a couple of the things that I have adopted, too. Always, when I pour the juice, if one glass comes out fuller than the other, I will give that one to Michael. After all, he's the one with the diagnosis. I want to help him be healthy.
So last week, when I stood over the kitchen sink with what I realized was the last spoonful of fish oil, I hesitated. Michael was still in the bedroom doing qigong. Do I save this for him? Or is it okay to take the last spoon of fish oil?
If I knew that the last spoonful of fish oil would cure the cancer in Michael's body, I would have brought it to him right then and there, but it can't and I didn't.
I downed the lemony oil.
A couple of days later, I bought more.
I can't tell that Michael is any worse off for not having fish oil that one day. And I can't tell that I'm any healthier from the little extra that I got.
Maybe I should have titled this post, "It Sure Feels Good In The
Moments When I Take Care Of Myself And Just Trust Life".
6 comments:
I prefer my fish oil encapsulated. And thanks for turning off comment moderation. I hope you are not inundated with spam though.
Oh, Foam, it's so much more dramatic to have to drink the stuff! ;-)
And you are very welcome! I am not a fan of those crazy word verifications myself, so why should I impose them on others???
Oh, and I haven't been visiting your place lately, because my computer died and I am on one that doesn't have my bookmarks. I should have a new one soon, and it will hopefully have my bookmarks on it. I hope I haven't missed much while I've been away!
Nah, I finally posted something after 6 months on the foaming site.
Yea! No comment moderation? I think that was the trouble with my disappearing comments . . .or never apprating comments. Fish oil drama, eh? I'm still old enough to remember castor oil. The juice sounds good, though. And yea for you to decide to trust and swallow. Big or small, it can be a victory. GG
Thank you, G.G. It felt like some sort of victory to me.
I have never taken any castor oil. It sounds nasty though. I don't know if its reputation is justified or not, but I'm not planning on finding out if I don't have to.
Post a Comment