Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How is YOUR La?

With this type of qigong that we have been practicing for the last month and a half, we do a lot of Haola-ing.  According to Mingtong Gu, the qigong master, "Haola" (pronounced kind of like "How La") means, "All is well.  So be it."

We chant "Haola" a LOT while doing our qigong.

I didn't immediately take to this All-is-well-ing.  I remember reading Pollyanna books when I was young.  Michael has been diagnosed with MCL.  Haola!  All is well!

Yeah.

But things have been shifting for me.  If I take my preferences out of the picture, all IS well.  I've been doing a lot of work in this arena over the past few years, practicing to see what lies beneath my preferences.  Yeah, more than once in the past three months, I've been caught up in my desires for how I would like my life to go, and my list hasn't included MCL or any kind of health issues for me or anyone I love.  But haola!  This movie was not written by me, and I can accept it or I can whine about it.  Accepting it seems to be a much more peaceful and helpful way to be.

I am grateful for all my teachers who have helped me to realize that there is an underlying open vastness and peacefulness that is the ground of everything, despite what appears as disease and unease.  I don't always recognize it immediately, but, so far, I seem to eventually find my way back to it.

Haola!

I know that many of you who read this are doing so as a means to keep updated on how Michael is doing.  He feels well.  He has not had any more tests, so all we know is that he feels well right now.  And he has better blood than me.  (Wah! about my bloodwork.  I mean, "Haola!")

8 comments:

Lisa S said...

Well, Haola, indeed. Having learned that new word, I will add this ... while I do indeed read to keep abreast of how Michael is doing, I'm also reading to see how YOU are doing. It takes two to tango, as they say, and you two seem to be tango-ing quite well.

So, again, Haola!!!

Thomas said...

It's hard to believe in the Big Picture when the Little Picture kind of sucks.

Maybe you could sneak in a "Hakuna Matata" every now and then. :D

Carol said...

Haola, Lisa!

Thanks for commenting and thanks for your feedback. I guess people will have to continue suffering through stuff about me as well as about Michael. Sigh.... ;-)

Carol said...

Thomas,

It IS challenging, but it sure helps with the peace of mind. Hakuna Matata, huh? I like the idea, because when I think of those words, I wanna dance while belting out the Hakun Matata song. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Here’s the post!: http://skyeblaine.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/versatile-blogger-award-nomination/
and to know more about the award, go here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules/

What receiving a nomination like this does is bring more readers to your blog—at least that’s been my experience. And reading your blog can help others; I know that.
Love,
Amrita

Carol said...

Thank you, Amrita! Very sweet of you. I may not be able to fully act on this - I'll email you - but I appreciate your thinking of me and I'll do my best.

Now I need to go bookmark your blog. I visit it sporadically, only because I don't have it bookmarked. Out of bookmarks, out of mind. Or something like that. ;-)

Love

Carol

darkfoam said...

Haola Carol and Michael,

All is well ... and even though the big movie is not written by us, we certainly can be co-directors! Co-directing your lifes ... I think that is what Michael and you are doing concerning his cancer.
I wish you peace!

Carol said...

Thank you, Foam. And peace to you!

Yeah, sometimes the writer doesn't agree with our co-directing but we usually work things out pretty well.

Haola!